Japanese Language and Culture Program
Miriam College with Kobe College, with the aim to deepen mutual understanding between the institutions and countries of Japan and the Philippines, is offering Japanese Language and Culture Program (JLCP). Last year’s program consists of lectures on atomic bomb experience and Japanese pop culture and historical trips to Kyoto.
The application process for the JLCP 2015 is open to bonafide students of Miriam College (sophomore to senior year) who have:
- CQPA of 3.0 or better
- no major disciplinary offenses incurred in previous semesters or no pending discipline case
Interested applicants may send their pre-qualification documents to the Institutional Partnerships and Programs Office and schedule an interview.
List of pre-qualification documents:
- Essay of not more than 1,000 words with the following topic: Why are you applying for the JLCP program? How do you expect the program to meet your objectives?
- Letter of endorsement from Department Chair with letterhead
- Letter of endorsement from ADSA with letterhead stating that the student does not have any disciplinary offenses
- Letter of consent from parent/guardian stating that their daughters are allowed to participate in the program and are willing to shoulder costs such as airfare, travel insurance, VISA processing, and allowances in Japan
- Photocopy of passport information page
- CQPA of student