Miriam College is a Zone of Peace
We believe that God has called us to be peace-builders, we also believe that peace means the absence of violence as well as the presence of loving and just relationships among humans and between humans and the rest of Creation.
Inspired by this belief, we commit to carry out in our school the love and example of Jesus and Mary:
- by striving for peace within ourselves and seeking to be peace builders in our daily lives
- by fostering caring relationships among ourselves and with Mother Earth.
- by persevering in our efforts to look for creative and constructive ways of solving conflicts
- by living simply so we do not deprive others, including those yet to be born of their means to live with human dignity
- by actively engaging in peace action and activities of social concern
We trust that God who gave us the grace to make this declaration, will grant us also the grace to fulfill our commitment.