Career with Miriam College
Miriam College is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is for all employees - faculty, administrators, and non-academic personnel - grow professionally and personally in the course of their work and thus, be enabled and motivated to offer their best to Miriam College's different publics.
Open Job Opportunities
DATE POSTED: 3 MARCH 2014
The Middle School is in need of teachers for SY 2014-2015
Applications should include current resume and letter of interest. Please submit all applications to:
- BEEd or BSE major in English, Filipino, Math, Science, Values/Christian Living Education, Technology, Art, Home Economics, Music, Physical Education
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude towards work
- Computer literate
The Assistant Principal for Academic Affairs – Middle School
Katipunan Road, Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Please call 580-5400 loc. 3221 for details.
DATE POSTEED: 28 FEB 2014
The College of Business, Entrepreneurship and Accountancy (CBEA) is in need of faculty for all its business education offerings including tourism.
Applications should include current resume with photo, letter of interest, and credentials. Please submit all applications to:
- MBA or MA degree holder and/or CPA with Masters degree
- Has the passion to teach and mentor young people
- Can blend with the school culture and core values
- Has positive attitude towards work
- Computer literate
Dr. Antonio Lopez
Dean, College of Business, Entrepreneurship and Accountancy
Katipunan Road, Loyola Heights, Quezon City
<email@example.com> or <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Only qualified individuals will be called for interview.
DATE POSTED: 18 DECEMBER 2013
The Science Department, College of Arts and Sciences seeks a Laboratory Assistant.
The Laboratory Assistant reports directly to the Science Department Chairperson. The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
The candidate should have completed a Bachelors degree, preferably BS Biology or BS Microbiology. Candidates who are BS Molecular Biology, BS Nursing, BS Medical Technology, and other related courses degree holders and/or has taken Cell and Molecular Biology and General Microbiology subjects (other Advanced Microbiology electives is an advantage) may also apply. Masters degree is an advantage.
- Help facilitate all laboratory subjects offered by the science department
- Maintain Bacterial and Fungal stock cultures and ensure its purity
- Subculture bacteria, fungi, and virus if needed for Microbiology subjects
- Prepare media, autoclave glasswares, eppendorf tubes, tips and other consumables
- Maintain the working conditions of equipment in the laboratory (PCR, electrophoresis, Documentation Systems, Microscopes, Incubator spectrophotomer)
- Assist students particularly those enrolled in Special problems working outside their laboratory period.
- Maintain the Animal House and feed laboratory mice and rabbits
- Assist Science department Professors in their respective Research Projects
- Help monitor the bacteriological analysis of drinking sources of Miriam College
- Ensure overall safety in the laboratory
Candidate must have basic knowledge in Microbiology (media preparation, aseptic techniques, cell culture etc.) and a background in Molecular biology techniques (PCR, Agarose electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE, Spectrophotometry). Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills, efficient time management, and proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
DATE POSTED: 14 NOVEMBER 2013
Responsible for identifying and defining user requirements, testing developed software, and working with programmers in developing and maintaining institutional software and web-based internet and intranet sites of the school. Responsible for software specifications and technical documentations, and implementation of application software in accordance with client/server based application development methodology.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and test software performance, make recommendations, and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of Software R&D Supervisor
- Prepares the logical and software specifications and technical documentation for developing.
- Assist programmers in developing and coding software applications and web-based internet and intranet sites of the school
- Consult with the users with respect to their detailed input and output requirements as specified in the request and assist in obtaining user feedback on new or enhanced applications
- Perform periodic system maintenance on software applications in the institution
- Conducts user training of application systems
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
The candidates should have completed a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Computer Engineering courses with minimum two (2) years experience in software and web development, programming methodologies, design, and implementation.
Candidates should be knowledgeable in the use of ASP.net, C#, Java, HTML, PHP, SQL, XML, Crystal reports, relational databases and internet architectures, with strong object-oriented/based programming skills, high level of analytical and software design skills for software and web development and technical specifications.
Candidates must be proficient in oral and written communication, able to manage multiple tasks and with proactive people skills.
DATE POSTED: 14 October 2013
The Institutional Partnerships and Programs Office (IPPO) seeks a Career Development and Placement Coordinator.
The Career Development and Placement Coordinator reports directly to the Institutional Partnerships and Programs Office (IPPO) Head. The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Plan, prepare, manage and evaluate the Career Development and Placement Program
- Train and equip the students and graduates for work by providing career development workshops, job-hunting skills seminar and mock interviews (event management)
- Manage and conduct preliminary student/graduate interviews for endorsement to partner companies (internship and job opportunities)
- Manage and provide career coaching to MC students or graduates prior to endorsement to partner companies
- Provide students and graduates with updated career information, company profiles, compensation, and employee benefits (leaves, insurances, etc.)
- Gather and disseminate information on the status of past graduates ( Research head for tracer studies)
- Regularly update office on job placement, job fairs, and other activities which may be relevant to the needs of students and graduates
- Establish and maintain linkages within the school and with various private, government, and non-government agencies for practicum sites and employment of students and graduates
- Manage information and dissemination of CDPO activities and initiatives to MC administrators, faculty, various offices, students, graduates and external clients
- Attend seminars, conferences, and workshops related to the career development program and echo these to peers
- Prepare evaluation reports on activities and projects initiated
- Prepare comprehensive semestral and annual reports
- Attend faculty meetings, seminars, workshops, and other college related activities
- Perform other functions and duties assigned by the supervisor.
The candidate should be a graduate of Psychology or any related course with relevant work experience in career development and office management. Candidate must have above average oral and written communication skills, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, efficient time management, and proficient in computer applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate should have extensive experience in research and technical writing, be familiar with the academic system, can perform basic finance and budgeting tasks, and must be proficient in computer applications (Powerpoint, Excel, etc.) A Master’s Degree in Business or Education related field is an advantage.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of internal and external affairs of the Unit/Office Head.
- Undertake research work for the Unit/Office head paper, speeches and studies; drafts correspondence, speeches, letters, outlines, etc.
- Keep an organized file of documents and reference materials for her external involvements.
- Maintain a running record of committee tasks and concerns.
- Collate, synthesize, and research information for worksheets and briefing materials used in committee meetings.
- Prepare minutes of meetings as directed by the Unit/Office head.
- Collate and submits periodic reports of strategic plans, action plans and accomplishment reports of the unit or office.
- Coordinate meetings and activities of the Unit/Office head with other organizations.
- Assist in preparation of presentations of the Unit/Office head.
- Prepare, collate and monitor budget of the unit/office.
Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, efficient time management skills exceptional follow-up skills. The candidate should exhibit a pleasant disposition, is resourceful, detail-oriented and a problem-solver, works well with others and can handle complaints effectively.
Human Resources Division
MMJ Hall, College Building
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights
Quezon City 1102 Philippines
(+632) 5805400-29 extn. 1135
Applications should include current resume and letter of interest.
Send your applications to
Ma. Concepcion Lupisan
OIC, Human Resources Director