Career with Miriam College
Miriam College is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is for all employees - faculty, administrators, and non-academic personnel - grow professionally and personally in the course of their work and thus, be enabled and motivated to offer their best to Miriam College's different publics.
Open Job Opportunities
DATE POSTED: 2 MAY 2013
- BEEd or BSE major in English, Values / Christian Living Education, Math, and Science OR Bachelor of Arts / Science in related fields of specialization (e.g., English, Math, Science, etc.) with 18 units in Education
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude towards work
- Computer literate
Send your application letter and resume to
The Assistant Principal for Academic Affairs – Middle School
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights, Quezon City 1108
Please call 580-5400 loc. 3221 for details.
DATE POSTED: 8 MAY 2013
The Secretary reports directly to the Middle School Principal. The duties and responsibilities of the Secretary are as follows:
The candidate should have completed a Bachelor’s degree and has experience in office management. Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills, efficient organizational and interpersonal skills and must be proficient in computer applications.
- Maintain files and correspondence as well as confidential materials
- Coordinate schedules, meetings, appointments, conferences, unit and student activities, and other special functions for the unit and the Principal.
- Prepare all normal or routine internal and external correspondence of the Principal’s Office.
- Ensure adequacy of office supplies and usability of all office equipment.
- Prepare faculty payroll and contracts as per guidelines of the Principal.
- Prepare cheque and petty cash requests for the Principal’s Office.
- Keep and maintain 201 files of academic personnel.
- Collate and compute teachers’ evaluation report and faculty ranking system.
- Prepare annual unit/office budget.
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
DATE POSTED: 10 MAY 2013
The Information and Communication Technology Office seeks a System Analyst.
The System Analyst reports directly to the ICT Software R&D Supervisor.
Main purpose of the job
Responsible for identifying and defining user requirements, testing developed software, and working with programmers in developing and maintaining institutional software and web-based internet and intranet sites of the school. Responsible for software specifications and technical documentations, and implementation of application software in accordance with client/server based application development methodology.
Duties and Responsiblities
- Analyze and test software performance, make recommendations, and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of Software R&D Supervisor
- Prepares the logical and software specifications and technical documentation for developing.
- Assist programmers in developing and coding software applications and web-based internet and intranet sites of the school
- Consult with the users with respect to their detailed input and output requirements as specified in the request and assist in obtaining user feedback on new or enhanced applications
- Perform periodic system maintenance on software applications in the institution
- Conducts user training of application systems
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
DATE POSTED: 30 JANUARY 2013
- Assists in the preparation of the Annual Audit Program and conduct of internal audit using risk based methodology
- Performs the following for each assigned audit areas ( can be an office, program, project or process):
Assists the immediate supervisor in discussions with auditees and revises report as needed.
Follows up on the implementation of audit recommendations.
Recommends updates to the Annual Audit plan based on changes in a unit or office’s risk profile.
Assists in the preparation of reports and materials for presentation to the President and BOT Audit Committee
- Identifies critical areas of risk exposure along with key internal controls to mitigate risks.
- Conducts audit in accordance with approved audit program guided by generally accepted internal auditing standards and procedures.
- Ensures adequate documentation to support work performed and conclusions drawn (audit findings).
- Prepares audit reports which include audit findings, business impact, risk ratings, and recommendations to address the audit findings and improve the areas under audit.
Candidates must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with at least 3-5 years experience in internal and/or external audit gained from reputable companies, and preferably used risk-based internal auditing approach.
Candidates should be knowledgeable in most aspects of finance and business operations, with exposure in financial information programs and systems audit.
Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and efficient time management skills. The candidate should exhibit a pleasant disposition,
is resourceful, detail-oriented, problem-solver, and a team player.
|Miriam College seeks a Technical Assistant. |
The candidate should have extensive experience in research and technical writing, be familiar with the academic system, can perform basic finance and budgeting tasks, and must be proficient in computer applications (Powerpoint, Excel, etc.) A Master’s Degree in Business or Education related field is an advantage.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of internal and external affairs of the Unit/Office Head.
- Undertake research work for the Unit/Office head paper, speeches and studies; drafts correspondence, speeches, letters, outlines, etc.
- Keep an organized file of documents and reference materials for her external involvements.
- Maintain a running record of committee tasks and concerns.
- Collate, synthesize, and research information for worksheets and briefing materials used in committee meetings.
- Prepare minutes of meetings as directed by the Unit/Office head.
- Collate and submits periodic reports of strategic plans, action plans and accomplishment reports of the unit or office.
- Coordinate meetings and activities of the Unit/Office head with other organizations.
- Assist in preparation of presentations of the Unit/Office head.
- Prepare, collate and monitor budget of the unit/office.
Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, efficient time management skills exceptional follow-up skills. The candidate should exhibit a pleasant disposition, is resourceful, detail-oriented and a problem-solver, works well with others and can handle complaints effectively.
DATE POSTED: 20 MAY 2013
The Administrative Services Division (ASD) seeks an Office Assistant.
The Office Assistant reports directly to the ASD Director. The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Perform the general clerical functions for the Administrative Services Director (ASD).
- Process MC IDs for students, Employees and retirees; take, edit and upload pictures for Transcript of Record, (GEMA) and (LISA) system.
- In charge of all inventory items (Office, maintenance, Uniforms and Souvenir Items)
- process applications of car sticker of students, employees, school buses, tricycles, motorcycles, suppliers and concessionaires and remit daily car sticker collections to the Cashier’s Office.
- Prepare school buses’ route lists and assist in attending to school bus matters.
- Prepare minutes of monthly Administrative Officers’ meeting.
- Receive and record security / maintenance requests.
- Prepare trip ticket and Materials Recovery Facilities (MRF) computation monthly reports.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned by the ASD Director
The candidate should have completed a Bachelor’s degree and has experience in office management. Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills, efficient organizational and interpersonal skills and must be proficient in computer applications
Human Resources Division
MMJ Hall, College Building
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights
Quezon City 1102 Philippines
(+632) 5805400-29 extn. 1135
Applications should include current resume and letter of interest.
Send your applications to
Noel C. Racho, Ph.D.
Human Resources Director