Career with Miriam College
Miriam College is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is for all employees - faculty, administrators, and non-academic personnel - grow professionally and personally in the course of their work and thus, be enabled and motivated to offer their best to Miriam College's different publics.
Open Job Opportunities
DATE POSTED: 14 NOVEMBER 2013
Responsible for identifying and defining user requirements, testing developed software, and working with programmers in developing and maintaining institutional software and web-based internet and intranet sites of the school. Responsible for software specifications and technical documentations, and implementation of application software in accordance with client/server based application development methodology.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and test software performance, make recommendations, and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of Software R&D Supervisor
- Prepares the logical and software specifications and technical documentation for developing.
- Assist programmers in developing and coding software applications and web-based internet and intranet sites of the school
- Consult with the users with respect to their detailed input and output requirements as specified in the request and assist in obtaining user feedback on new or enhanced applications
- Perform periodic system maintenance on software applications in the institution
- Conducts user training of application systems
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
The candidates should have completed a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Computer Engineering courses with minimum two (2) years experience in software and web development, programming methodologies, design, and implementation.
Candidates should be knowledgeable in the use of ASP.net, C#, Java, HTML, PHP, SQL, XML, Crystal reports, relational databases and internet architectures, with strong object-oriented/based programming skills, high level of analytical and software design skills for software and web development and technical specifications.
Candidates must be proficient in oral and written communication, able to manage multiple tasks and with proactive people skills.
DATE POSTED: 14 October 2013
The Institutional Partnerships and Programs Office (IPPO) seeks a Career Development and Placement Coordinator.
The Career Development and Placement Coordinator reports directly to the Institutional Partnerships and Programs Office (IPPO) Head. The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Plan, prepare, manage and evaluate the Career Development and Placement Program
- Train and equip the students and graduates for work by providing career development workshops, job-hunting skills seminar and mock interviews (event management)
- Manage and conduct preliminary student/graduate interviews for endorsement to partner companies (internship and job opportunities)
- Manage and provide career coaching to MC students or graduates prior to endorsement to partner companies
- Provide students and graduates with updated career information, company profiles, compensation, and employee benefits (leaves, insurances, etc.)
- Gather and disseminate information on the status of past graduates ( Research head for tracer studies)
- Regularly update office on job placement, job fairs, and other activities which may be relevant to the needs of students and graduates
- Establish and maintain linkages within the school and with various private, government, and non-government agencies for practicum sites and employment of students and graduates
- Manage information and dissemination of CDPO activities and initiatives to MC administrators, faculty, various offices, students, graduates and external clients
- Attend seminars, conferences, and workshops related to the career development program and echo these to peers
- Prepare evaluation reports on activities and projects initiated
- Prepare comprehensive semestral and annual reports
- Attend faculty meetings, seminars, workshops, and other college related activities
- Perform other functions and duties assigned by the supervisor.
The candidate should be a graduate of Psychology or any related course with relevant work experience in career development and office management. Candidate must have above average oral and written communication skills, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, efficient time management, and proficient in computer applications.
DATE POSTED: 9 OCT 2013
Miriam College Nuvali is in need of Grade 7 TEACHERS
- BEEd or BSE major in in English, Values / Christian Living Education, Math, and Science or Bachelor of Arts / Science in related fields of specialization (e.g., English, Math, Science, etc.) with 18 units in Education
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude towards work
- Computer literate
DATE POSTED: 4 OCTOBER 2013
The Administrative Services Division (ASD) seeks an Office Assistant.
The Office Assistant reports directly to the Purchasing Supervisor and is responsible for all inventory items (office and maintenance supplies, cloth, school uniforms and souvenir items) and requests for repairs (equipment, machines, electronics devices, furniture and fixtures) from all units and offices.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare requisition for warehouse items such as office, classroom and maintenance supplies;
- Process and serve requisitions for all units and offices including the Bookstores and Sewing Center;
- Prepare periodic reports of all stock items issued to different offices;
- Encode all issued items to the NAV system;
- Prepare payment to suppliers for repairs;
- Perform fieldwork for outright acquisition and repair of items and other purpose;
- Responsible for the delivery of stock/purchase items;
- Perform related tasks that may be assigned by the Purchasing Supervisor and ASD Director.
The candidate should have completed a Bachelor’s degree, and has experience in office management. Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills, excellent driving skills, efficient organizational and interpersonal skills and must be proficient in computer applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate should have extensive experience in research and technical writing, be familiar with the academic system, can perform basic finance and budgeting tasks, and must be proficient in computer applications (Powerpoint, Excel, etc.) A Master’s Degree in Business or Education related field is an advantage.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of internal and external affairs of the Unit/Office Head.
- Undertake research work for the Unit/Office head paper, speeches and studies; drafts correspondence, speeches, letters, outlines, etc.
- Keep an organized file of documents and reference materials for her external involvements.
- Maintain a running record of committee tasks and concerns.
- Collate, synthesize, and research information for worksheets and briefing materials used in committee meetings.
- Prepare minutes of meetings as directed by the Unit/Office head.
- Collate and submits periodic reports of strategic plans, action plans and accomplishment reports of the unit or office.
- Coordinate meetings and activities of the Unit/Office head with other organizations.
- Assist in preparation of presentations of the Unit/Office head.
- Prepare, collate and monitor budget of the unit/office.
Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, efficient time management skills exceptional follow-up skills. The candidate should exhibit a pleasant disposition, is resourceful, detail-oriented and a problem-solver, works well with others and can handle complaints effectively.
DATE POSTED: 2 SEPTEMBER 2013
The System Administrator reports directly to the ICT Data Center Operations Supervisor and is responsible for keeping 24x7 operation of the data center. Implement backup procedures and schedules, monitor network bandwidth usage, maintain and administer the school’s system software and databases, implement user access rights and privileges, and provide technical system support to all application software running in the data center. Manage the configuration and maintenance of the IT network switches and routers inside the data center. Prepare technical documentations critical for data center operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Tier-1 software technical support in regards to all installed software applications in the data center
- Prepare internal control procedures and implement resource security and control system access in the school’s network and other hardware devices
- Plan, install, configure, maintain, and administer database servers as to the use of disk space, memory, network connection, and fine-tuning
- Achieve system integration of different applications installed in the servers of the data center
- Implement a preventive program and maintenance schedule for all hardware and software systems in the data center. Monitor, keep, and archive all system backups. Prepare and update data center technical documentations regarding network, hardware, and software configurations.
- Evaluate commercial-off-the-shelf(cots) software options for academic and administrative operations of the school
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Computer Engineering (Computer/ECE), or its equivalent with at least 2 years direct experience in data communication, network administration, network security, and network operations center and at least 3-years IT experience in system and database administration; and data center operations in multi-tier, multi-platform, and multi-server environment.
Candidates should be knowledgeable in the use of RDBMS such as Sybase and SQL server, has experience in Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 server/professional, MS Exchange 2000, MS ISA, Unix, Linux, BSD familiar with LAN, WAN, VPN, and TCP/IP, networking and internet technologies, with experience in converged networks of voice, data, and video communications; storage area network and/or backup-up solutions, and preferably familiar with the use of AutoCAD, MS Dynamics NAV, SPSS/Minitab, Adobe Photoshop/Dreamweaver, Moodle/e-Learning, and MS Access.
Candidates must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, proficient in oral and written communication, able to manage multiple tasks, and with proactive people skills.
Human Resources Division
MMJ Hall, College Building
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights
Quezon City 1102 Philippines
(+632) 5805400-29 extn. 1135
Applications should include current resume and letter of interest.
Send your applications to
Noel C. Racho, Ph.D.
Human Resources Director