Career with Miriam College
Miriam College is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is for all employees - faculty, administrators, and non-academic personnel - grow professionally and personally in the course of their work and thus, be enabled and motivated to offer their best to Miriam College's different publics.
Open Job Opportunities
DATE POSTED: 8 OCTOBER 2014
The Finance Unit seeks a Student Accounts Analyst (Basic Education Unit).
The Student Accounts Analyst reports directly to the Accounting Head. The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Acts as the front-liner of the Finance Division for the Student Accounts Section, handles student information, analyzes and records transactions and attends to all activities related to the matriculation and residency of BEU students at Miriam College. The AR Analyst also ensures that the fees are correctly charged to students.
- Set up the Accounts Receivable and book the realization of income of the Basic Education students every year before the enrollment period.
- Update and set up fees, modes of payment, etc. in the system every year.
- Monitor and prepare monthly reconciliation of receivable balances of all Basic Education students- Subsidiary Ledger vs. General Ledger – and make the appropriate adjustments through preparation of Journal Vouchers.
- Handle the online clearance of the Basic Education students. Ensure that the balances of the students in the subsidiary ledger (the basis of the clearance) are accurately recorded.
- Assist the students in the assessment, adding and dropping of subjects and other accounts related concerns.
- Prepare various credit memorandums of students with scholarship grants, athletic grants, dropping, payment plan adjustments, etc., and prepare the appropriate Journal Entries to record such transactions.
- Tag scholarships, discounts and other items in the system, and prepare the entries to record such transactions.
- Compute and process all tuition refunds of students for submission to Accounting Head for the latter’s approval.
- Prepare audit schedules and other analyses that may be required by the auditors and /or Accounting Head in the completion of audit.
- Assist in the preparation of schedule of fees for submission to DepEd and CHED and other regulatory bodies as needed.
- Prepare certification of accounts.
- Monitor and record returned check payments.
- Perform other duties that maybe assigned by the Accounting Head.
The candidate must be an Accounting graduate, with at least two (2) year work experience in handling accounts receivables. Knowledge of NAVISION is an advantage.
Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and efficient time management skills. The candidate should exhibit a pleasant disposition, resourceful and output oriented, problem-solver, team player and a person with high moral integrity.
DATE POSTED: 8 July 2014
The Finance Unit seeks a Fixed Asset and Inventory Analyst who reports directly to the Accounting Head. The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Fixed assets accounts analysis
Inventory account analysis
- Countercheck entries for receipts and dispositions of assets under FA Module of Navision.
- Validate the accuracy of the corresponding accounting entry prior to posting to the GL.
- Maintain a record of accountability, tag all additions, and monitor movements of the fixed assets.
- Compute for the monthly depreciation of all fixed assets and prepare the necessary journal entry.
- Conduct regular physical count of the School’s assets, reconcile the results of the count vis-à-vis the subsidiary ledger or FA module, and make the necessary adjustments.
- Monitor the financial status, conduct inspection, review all billings and request for payments of all construction projects and ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the signed contract prior to processing of progress billings and payments.
- Monitor utilization of CAPEX budget.
Ancillary accounts analysis-
- Countercheck entries for receipts and issuances and validate accuracy of the corresponding accounting entries prior to GL posting.
- Conduct quarterly physical count of inventory balances..
- Record all transactions and prepare necessary journal entries related to the ancillary account such as recording of revenues, cross charges, cost of goods sold. .
- Compute for utility and other charges to the lessees and operators, review bills submitted by operators and contracts with ancillaries, and ensure compliance with the
- terms and conditions of the signed contract.
- Send out collection reminders and make collection follow-ups to ancillary unit operators.
- Participate in the evaluation of operators and ancillary services providers as basis of contract renewal.
- Generate pertinent accounting reports from Navision related to fixed assets, inventory, and ancillary accounts and prepare schedules and analyses for audit purposes.
- Regularly update available documentations of approved accounting procedures, policies and processes related to the task assigned.
- Propose improvements and assist in the implementation approved policies and procedures.
- Conducts review and analysis of transactions as requested by the Head of Accounting Department or Finance Director
- Other accounting responsibilities as may be assigned by the Head of Accounting Department or Finance Director
The candidate must be an Accounting graduate. Knowledge in NAVISION accounting program is an advantage.
Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and efficient time management skills.
The candidate should exhibit a pleasant disposition, is resourceful, detail-oriented, problem-solver, and a team player.
DATE POSTED: 6 JUNE 2014
The Campus Ministry Office of the Higher Education Unit seeks a Campus Ministry Activities Assistant
Duties and responsibilities:
- Act as moderator of the Campus Ministry volunteers
- Plan and organize programs for the Campus Ministry volunteers
- Invite students to serve the college community as Campus Ministry volunteers
- Handle preparation for the daily and special Masses and other liturgical services, and contacts priests and facilitators
- Chaperon the students in their retreat, together with the CMO Coordinator and/or CMO Secretary
- Assist in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the CMO program
- Take charge of the public information system which includes the bulletin board, announcements via public address system, digipost, and others in consultation with the CMO Coordinator
- Represent the CMO in meetings whenever the office head is unavailable
- Update the college community with current events and issues in the Church
- Attend seminars, workshops, and conferences
- Oversee the collection of books, magazines, brochures, and audio-visual materials
- Conduct yearly inventory of the chapel and sacristy
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the office head
- The candidate should have completed a Bachelor’s degree related to spiritual formation with a background in liturgy. She must have good oral and written communication skills, efficient organizational and interpersonal skills, pleasant disposition, a keen eye on details and a heart for young people and able to work well with them
- An M.A. degree in related studies is an advantage
DATE POSTED: 25 April 2014
The Information and Communication Technology Office seeks a Systems Engineer.
The Systems Engineer reports directly to the ICTO Manager and is responsible for the ICT technical and administrative support to the school by ensuring the smooth flow of computer operations and efficient delivery of ICT services and management of the physical configuration of the data and telecom networks (PABX, cabling, switches, and routers). The Systems Engineer prepares and maintains records of ICT physical asset inventory and technical documentations critical for the regular upkeep of the school’s ICT facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Computer/ECE), Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent with at least 3 - 5 years relevant experience in data and telecom networks, network distribution systems, and delivery of technical support services. CCNA certification would be an advantage.
- Provide Tier-1 hardware technical support with regards to complaints in network systems and ICT hardware within the school
- Setup ICT hardware and network systems, and install PC software for ICT end users
- Ensure proper deployment of PCs and other ICT equipment to assigned users/offices/laboratories. Prepare the computer labs before the opening of classes and the on-line registration of all units
- Coordinate with internal ICT units to ensure that ICT technical issues and complaints are speedily resolved
- Report progress of network and other ICT related projects
- Document and share best practices with the rest of the ICT office
- Institute a preventive program and maintenance schedule for all ICT hardware and network systems in the school. Prepare and update ICT technical documentations regarding network, hardware, and software configurations
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Candidate should have in-depth and working knowledge and experience in Cisco networks, VoIP systems (Avaya), and Structured Cabling Systems, working knowledge and experience in LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, Wireless networking, Remote Access Environments, VPN, and Data Acquisition devices such as ID and Finger scan systems, and computer or tablet operating systems such as Windows XP, Vista, 7; Linux; iOS; and Android.
Candidate should have good oral and written communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions and in urgent situations, prioritize, organize, and assign technical requests to technicians, communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
DATE POSTED: 14 NOVEMBER 2013
Responsible for identifying and defining user requirements, testing developed software, and working with programmers in developing and maintaining institutional software and web-based internet and intranet sites of the school. Responsible for software specifications and technical documentations, and implementation of application software in accordance with client/server based application development methodology.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and test software performance, make recommendations, and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of Software R&D Supervisor
- Prepares the logical and software specifications and technical documentation for developing.
- Assist programmers in developing and coding software applications and web-based internet and intranet sites of the school
- Consult with the users with respect to their detailed input and output requirements as specified in the request and assist in obtaining user feedback on new or enhanced applications
- Perform periodic system maintenance on software applications in the institution
- Conducts user training of application systems
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
The candidates should have completed a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Computer Engineering courses with minimum two (2) years experience in software and web development, programming methodologies, design, and implementation.
Candidates should be knowledgeable in the use of ASP.net, C#, Java, HTML, PHP, SQL, XML, Crystal reports, relational databases and internet architectures, with strong object-oriented/based programming skills, high level of analytical and software design skills for software and web development and technical specifications.
Candidates must be proficient in oral and written communication, able to manage multiple tasks and with proactive people skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate should have extensive experience in research and technical writing, be familiar with the academic system, can perform basic finance and budgeting tasks, and must be proficient in computer applications (Powerpoint, Excel, etc.) A Master’s Degree in Business or Education related field is an advantage.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of internal and external affairs of the Unit/Office Head.
- Undertake research work for the Unit/Office head paper, speeches and studies; drafts correspondence, speeches, letters, outlines, etc.
- Keep an organized file of documents and reference materials for her external involvements.
- Maintain a running record of committee tasks and concerns.
- Collate, synthesize, and research information for worksheets and briefing materials used in committee meetings.
- Prepare minutes of meetings as directed by the Unit/Office head.
- Collate and submits periodic reports of strategic plans, action plans and accomplishment reports of the unit or office.
- Coordinate meetings and activities of the Unit/Office head with other organizations.
- Assist in preparation of presentations of the Unit/Office head.
- Prepare, collate and monitor budget of the unit/office.
Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, efficient time management skills exceptional follow-up skills. The candidate should exhibit a pleasant disposition, is resourceful, detail-oriented and a problem-solver, works well with others and can handle complaints effectively.
Human Resources Division
MMJ Hall, College Building
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights
Quezon City 1102 Philippines
(+632) 5805400-29 extn. 1135
Applications should include current resume and letter of interest.
Send your applications to
Noel C. Racho, Ph.D.
Human Resources Director