Career with Miriam College
Miriam College is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is for all employees - faculty, administrators, and non-academic personnel - grow professionally and personally in the course of their work and thus, be enabled and motivated to offer their best to Miriam College's different publics.
DATE POSTED: 19 NOVEMBER 2014
The Information and Communication Technology Office seeks a Programmer.
The Software Programmers develop software applications and content-managed web sites to support the school’s software application needs, and communication goals and objectives. The Software Programmers develop software programs and codes/scripts of application software in accordance with client/server-based application development methodology for the school, and maintain institutional software applications and provide software development support for all in-house, packaged, and outsourced-developed computerized systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop software applications and web-based internet and intranet sites of the school
- Debug, fix, maintain, troubleshoot, and refine programs developed based on testing results
- Write new program code, updates, and revisions using prescribed and approved specifications based on approved system requests (SR), utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technologies
- Develop interface programs for various application software and databases in the school
- Conduct user training of application systems
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
The candidates should have completed a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Computer Engineering courses with minimum two (2) years experience in software and web development, programming methodologies, design, and implementation.
Candidates should be knowledgeable in the use of ASP.net, C#, Java, HTML, PHP, SQL, XML, Crystal reports, relational databases and internet architectures, with strong object-oriented/based programming skills, high level of analytical and software design skills for software and web development and technical specifications.
Candidates must be proficient in oral and written communication, able to manage multiple tasks and with proactive people skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate should have extensive experience in research and technical writing, be familiar with the academic system, can perform basic finance and budgeting tasks, and must be proficient in computer applications (Powerpoint, Excel, etc.) A Master’s Degree in Business or Education related field is an advantage.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of internal and external affairs of the Unit/Office Head.
- Undertake research work for the Unit/Office head paper, speeches and studies; drafts correspondence, speeches, letters, outlines, etc.
- Keep an organized file of documents and reference materials for her external involvements.
- Maintain a running record of committee tasks and concerns.
- Collate, synthesize, and research information for worksheets and briefing materials used in committee meetings.
- Prepare minutes of meetings as directed by the Unit/Office head.
- Collate and submits periodic reports of strategic plans, action plans and accomplishment reports of the unit or office.
- Coordinate meetings and activities of the Unit/Office head with other organizations.
- Assist in preparation of presentations of the Unit/Office head.
- Prepare, collate and monitor budget of the unit/office.
Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, efficient time management skills exceptional follow-up skills. The candidate should exhibit a pleasant disposition, is resourceful, detail-oriented and a problem-solver, works well with others and can handle complaints effectively.
Human Resources Division
MMJ Hall, College Building
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights
Quezon City 1102 Philippines
(+632) 5805400-29 extn. 1135
Applications should include current resume and letter of interest.
Send your applications to
Noel C. Racho, Ph.D.
Human Resources Director