Miriam College (MC) recognizes its duty to secure personal information it handles and to hold information which it reasonably needs to effectively discharge its function as an educational institution.
It is the policy of the School to keep private and secure personal information, which include written records, photographic and video images via CCTV or other similar recording devices, voice recording devices, digital material and biometric records about its employees, students and other stakeholders.
As an alumna/alumnus of MC, you expressly acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to all the terms of this Privacy Statement as outlined below and as may be modified from time to time as required by law or the National Privacy Commission (“NPC”) without prior notice to you.
Information We Collect or Generate
MC as an educational institution may collect various personal data from its alumni. The information and documents that we collect/generate for our Alumni Information System include the following:
• Personal Information, including contact information
• Educational Information in terms of year/s graduated from Miriam College
• Professional Information and Area/s of Expertise
• Desired Level of Involvement in Miriam College
How We Use the Information
We use the information for general purposes segmentation, resource mobilization, professional/expertise-based networking, tracer studies and communication from the school. Among others, we may use the alumni’s information to:
• Maintain directories and alumni records
• Generate reports for statistical and research purposes
• Share marketing and promotional materials regarding College-related functions and projects
• Comply with academic, administrative, historical and statistical requirements, including government regulations
Disclosing the Information
We share the alumni’s information as permitted or required by law in line with our objectives as an educational institution. Access will be given primarily to the Office of the President and the Maryknoll/Miriam College Alumni Association. In the area of social media, disclosure of personal and/or academic-related information will be upon explicit consent of the alumni.
Congruent with our objectives as an educational institution, disclosure of information is not limited to:
- • Sharing of information to selected units may be determined in the bests interests of the alumna/alumnus and that of the school community
- • Sharing of information to potential donors and benefactors for purposes of reports, grants and other forms of assistance
- • Sharing information for accreditation; e.g. Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities
- • Responding to queries whether or not the alumna/alumnus is a bona fide graduate of MC
- • Conducting research or surveys for purposes of institutional development
- • Sharing alumni directory information to the Maryknoll/Miriam College Alumni Association
- • Sharing of alumni news and accomplishments for purposes of media promotion through photos, videos, brochures, newsletters, website posting, and other media
How Long We Keep Your Information
The information shall be retained for as long as the purpose for which it was collected, e.g. legal, regulatory, administrative, academic, historical or statistical purpose remains in effect. It will be retained for as long as it is no longer necessary for any other purpose.
Your Rights to the Information
You have the right to inspect and review your personal records, the right to seek amendment of records, which you believe are inaccurate or misleading and the right to restrict the disclosure of directory information. Requests for inspection, amendment or restriction of records must be in writing and addressed to the Alumni Engagement Office and must specify the reasons for the request. MC reserves the right to respond appropriately according to law.
For any queries, clarifications or requests on any aspect of this Policy, you may also write our:
DATA PRIVACY OFFICER
Miriam College Foundation, Inc. Katipunan Road, Quezon City, 1108
Landline: 930-6272 local 1130
Changes to our Policy Statement
We may modify or amend this Privacy Statement and Terms of Agreement from time to time to keep up with any changes in relevant laws and regulations. Any relevant updates will be posted this website and will be effective immediately upon posting.