The alumni community welcomed with open hearts the transformation of Miriam College into an online campus – the KNOLLER. The leap into the future and the embrace of technology to deliver education clearly presented challenges at many levels. Realizing the wide-ranging challenges this change involves, the alumni knew they had a role to play in supporting the school to make this bold initiative a positive experience for the MC students.
The Alumni Engagement Office is grateful for the generous contributions from the following alumni classes to the KNOLLER:
- A grant from College 1970 to purchase 50 laptops to start up a Computer Library for College students in need
- A donation from High School 1970 to purchase 20 laptops for use of HS faculty
- A donation from High School 1974 to purchase 15 laptops for use of BEU faculty
- A donation from High School 1994 to purchase 8 laptops for BEU faculty
- A donation from High School 1987 to purchase 10 tablets for MCN students
- A donation from the Maryknoll/Miriam College Alumni Association to purchase 6 laptops for HEU scholars
Materials support for Scholars
- A donation from the Maryknoll/Miriam College Alumni Association to provide textbook support to 17 BEU scholars
- A donation from High School 1995 to provide connectivity allowance for 10 HS scholars
- A donation from High School 1987 to provide connectivity allowance for MCN students
- A donation from High School 1995 for tuition fee assistance of two HS scholars
- A donation from High School 1978 to provide a one-year scholarship to an HEU Education student
- A donation from High School 1970 to provide training in online teaching for BEU faculty
- A donation from College IS 1985 to support one IS scholar
- A donation from College 1974 to contribute to the MMCAA’s No One Left Behind campaign, which is also for the benefit of the KNOLLER online campus
Other alumni classes are exploring additional opportunities to provide laptops and connectivity support to scholars and faculty to further boost their access to needed technology that will be essential in an online campus.
Miriam College is grateful to the generosity of the alumni community for their heartfelt commitment to the school’s transition efforts to successful online learning delivery.
Does your class wish to donate to Miriam? Get in touch with the Alumni Engagement Office by sending a message to AEO Director Aurorita Mendoza at email@example.com