1. Coordinates and monitors the research activities of the different academic units submitted as part of Unit Research Plans.
2. Manages the activities of Miriam College Research Council (MCRC) and Unit Research Coordinators.
3. Ensures efficient and effective dissemination of high quality research outputs through publication and conduct of seminars, conferences and colloquia.
4. Recognizes outstanding research outputs through an effective rewards and incentives system.
5. Conducts research capability-building activities aimed at upgrading the research competencies of academic and non-academic personnel.
6. Consolidates research data and information on academic papers, publications and research studies produced by the academic units.
7. Assists the academic community in the protection of its scholarly works.
8. Forges partnerships with research institutions, funding agencies and similar organizations to conduct research and innovation activities aimed to generate, promote and utilize new knowledge.
Institutional Research Agenda (2014-2022)
Anchored on its vision to form women leaders in service, Miriam College promotes a research and innovation culture that engages its community to continually search for and adopt new knowledge generated from strategic initiatives. This process allows its members to be globally informed and locally grounded in the areas of sustainable development; health and wellness; arts and cultural diversity; leadership, governance, and social change; organizational development and management; and academic excellence in the context of ASEAN integration.
Research studies which explore sustainable development issues and interactions at social, economic, political, and/or cultural levels. Research themes may examine structures and systems concerning the practices, management, and policies in the areas mentioned to impact sustainability in the future and direct individual and communal action toward change and development.
Health & Wellness
Research studies that are linked to the pursuit of a quality of life in the different areas of human experience, namely, personal, institutional, societal, and global levels. Relevant topics include the seven dimensions of wellness, namely: physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, social, occupational, and environmental.
Arts & Cultural Diversity
Research studies covering the different Filipino art forms, traditional and contemporary, such as literature; visual arts such as painting, sculpture, architecture, and other visual media; and performing arts, music, theatre, film, dance; and other media such as interactive media, as they can be utilized to create new art forms and to enrich the learning- teaching process. Research can delve into diverse Filipino arts and behavior as depicted by different ethnic groups and indigenous peoples in the Philippines.
Leadership, Governance, & Social Change
Research studies that investigate the management and/or relations of complex systems in the public sector, private or non-profit organizations. These studies seek to critically engage with dominant discourses on leadership and governance while affirming empowering processes, culture specific contexts, and innovative ways of doing as social change dimensions.
Academic Excellence of MC
Research studies focusing on academic pursuits of Miriam College community towards quality and excellence. These include: curriculum studies; student profiles and competencies; teaching and learning practices; faculty development programs; general education integration; foreign language competencies; science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM); K to 12; research, advocacy and technology integration; graduate tracer studies; and service learning.
Research studies focusing on the institution branding and marketability, organizational management, employees and faculty welfare, information and technology management (data privacy), and employment procedures (labor management). The theme will create research opportunities in business strategies, market profitability and provide data information to improve administrative policies.
Programs / Missions / Services
Coordination and implementation of the Institutional Research Grants Program and other institutional research related activities; the conduct of institutional research for organizational development and management; and internally and externally commissioned research.
Research Training, Advocacy, & Publications
Coordination and implementation of research capability-building training seminars as well as colloquium and production of research publications.
Research Partnerships & Intellectual Property
Coordination and implementation of programs on research linkages and partnerships, and intellectual property.