The Information and Communication Technology Office seeks a Systems and Facilities Administrator.
The Systems and Facilities Administrator reports directly to the ICTO Manager and is responsible for keeping 24x7 operation of the ICT systems and related equipment and implement backup procedures and schedules, monitor network bandwidth usage, maintain and administer the school’s system software and databases, implement user access rights and privileges, and provide technical system support to all application software and hardware.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Tier-1 software technical support in regard to all installed software applications
- Prepare internal control procedures and implement resource security and control system access in the school’s network and other hardware devices
- Plan, install, configure, maintain, and administer database servers as to the use of disk space, memory, network connection, and fine-tuning
- Achieve system integration of different applications installed in the servers of the data center
- Implement a preventive program and maintenance schedule for all hardware and software systems in the data center. Monitor, keep, and archive all system backups.
- Prepare and update data center technical documentations regarding network, hardware, and software configurations.
- Evaluate commercial-off-the-shelf(cots) software options for academic and administrative operations of the school
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or Electronics and Communications Engineering courses with at least 3-5 years relevant experience in system and data administration and telecom networks, network distribution systems, data center operations in multi-tier, and delivery of technical support services, and preferably lives in Sta. Rosa, Laguna.
Candidate should be knowledgeable and has in-depth experience in the use of RDBMS such as SQL server, VLAN, WAN, VPN, TCP/IP networking and internet technologies Windows 10, 7, Windows 2008 server, Linux, VMWare, VoIP, and Wireless technologies, converged networks of voice, data, and video communications; storage area network and/or backup-up solutions; and audio/video systems and preferably familiar with the use of MS dynamics NAV, MS Exchange, Adobe Photoshop, Moodle/e-Learning, and LAN School.
Candidate should have good oral and written communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions and in urgent situations, prioritize, organize, and assign technical requests to technicians, communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
DATE POSTED: 04 October 2018